Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Desert Island Books

Hey Readers!

This week I watched a few BookTuber videos and as i'm blogger and not a vlogger, here are mine!
This is where I got the idea from - Kayley's Video

1. A book that you have read before and would like to re-read.
Poison Study (and the next two in the series!) by Maria V Snyder.

It's been 2 years since I read these books now. I recently convinced my friend to read them (& she loved them too!) and whilst she was talking about specific parts of the book, I realised that i'd forgotten a lot. I have a huge TBR pile and re-reading books is probably not going to happen any time soon but should I be on a desert island, i'd definitely like to take the time to read them again.

2. A book you have never read but would like to read.
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

It often surprises people that I haven't already read this! It is most definitely on my to-read list but for some reason I always end up buying other books instead and it just gets put on the back burner. I'm trying to reduce my book buying habits (particularly physical books) to save money and space until I move house and these books I would definitely want physically. I will read them one day!


3. A childhood book you would want.
What Katy Did (& others) by Susan Coolidge.

Again, i'm cheating a little as it's technically more than one book but I adored these books growing up!

4. A series that you would like to have.
The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine

This was probably the hardest question to answer as there are SO many good ones out there that I just love. It was definitely hard not picking Harry Potter but honestly, I could probably recite those books to myself when I needed a Potter fix.

5. Random selection.
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Levithan & Cohn
OR!
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare

I honestly can't pick between the two. Dash & Lily would be one of those comfort, heart-warming books that just felt right but Shakespeare would not only provide me with reading material but would also give me the chance to read those daunting history plays, learn something and put on a good play when I felt like it!

This was a lot of fun and i'd love to know what you would take to a desert island. Please leave comments and let me know!

1 comment:

Strange-buzz said...

1. There are loads of books I would want to re-read, so I guess I'll have to go with White Wolf by David Gemmell which I re-read every year

2. Dracula by Bram Stoker shocking I know.

3. Danny the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl

4. The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett (that would take up a lot of spare time)

5. Either Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind or The Swords of Night and Day by David Gemmell to accompany White Wolf to which it is a sequel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...