This week's Top Ten Tuesday is: Kick-Ass Heroines
There are so many strong female characters out there; this is going to be tricky.
1. Hazel from John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.
2. Yelena from Maria Snyder's Poison Study.
3. Katniss from Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games.
4. Anna from Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper.
5. Tris from Veronica Roth's Divergent.
6. Kahlen from Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule.
7. Offred from Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale.
8. Claire Danvers from Rachel Caine's Morganville.
9. Hermione Granger from J.Rowling's Harry Potter.
10. Cordelia from Shakespeare's King Lear.
There are so many more that I could have added to this list. Each of these heroines are brave, courageous and loyal despite the challenges that lay ahead of them. They each show that being a young woman does not mean that you are inferior in anyway or too weak to face dangers, but instead that they are intelligent and independent and will do whatever it takes to make things right!