Pages

Monday 10 June 2013

No Books Allowed #2

Welcome to No Books Allowed. This is a monthly feature hosted by Raimy @ Readaraptor, which is used to discuss things things in life which aren't connected to books. This post can be used to talk about days out, music, TV, video games, films etc for all those book bloggers out there who do occasionally do stuff other than read and go to book events!

Well! May ended quicker than a tub of Ben & Jerry's didn't it? It's all a bit of a blur really.

University
Right at the beginning of May, I handed in my dreaded dissertation for university. 8000 words declaring my undying love for William Shakespeare sounded so much easier back in 2012 when I hastily picked the title... based on the aforementioned undying love for Will. It was a hard & emotional rollercoaster but I did it! However that quickly lead to more essays that needed to be written and more stress etc! I'm pleased to say that University is all over now, forever - eep. 

Life
I have been incredibly ill! It seems to be an epidemic amongst final year uni students too. The minute my work was handed in, I became really sick. It's probably a mixture of exhaustion and malnourishment during a month of slaving over text books and word documents but again, i'm happy to say that i'm feeling much better now.

Days Out
I know i'm *technically* not supposed to talk about books here but this was a big thing so what can you do ;) I went to Rachel Caine's signing event at Liverpool One and it was WONDERFUL! More on this in an upcoming post though.
I've spent quite a bit of time post-uni at the beach and generally just walking around more instead of going in the car which has been nice! Summer is definitely on it's way & I couldn't be happier. 

TV/Music/Games
We had a games night at my house towards the end of May which was so much fun! Pizza, rocky road, garlic dough balls and SO many games. The first half of the night was spent playing board games of different kinds and then we moved on to videogames, more specifically Guitar Hero/Rockband (which I LOVE!). It was a lot of fun & might just become a regular thing! Separately i've been playing Forza Horizon. I bought it well over a month ago, maybe even 2, as a treat for when I finish my dissertation so now I just have to find time away from all the other things I have going on ;)

As for TV, i've been pretty much religiously rotating Criminal Minds, Pretty Little Liars and One Tree Hill for the past month. They're all very different from each other but easy watching when i've had other things to be doing at the same time. But of course, Doctor Who finished this month and i'm very excited for the 50th in November to see how that plot wraps itself up! I'm still watching Game of Thrones but everything else I watch has finished their seasons which means it's almost time for True Blood! Very excited about that :)

Nothing new to declare under music. I haven't been listening to anything specifically, just whatever comes on shuffle or on my ipod as I go about my business. I'd recommend 'Every Avenue' though if you're looking for something new.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...