All over the country, people are signing up to be given the chance to give BACK. Taken from the WBN website:
Being a World Book Night edition book giver is how people have traditionally taken part in World Book Night. It involves applying (via an online form) to be able to receive a set of 18 copies of a book of your choice (from our list of 20 titles) to give to people who don't regularly read on April 23.
- We’re looking for volunteers who can demonstrably give to the 35% of the population who don’t regularly read
- You can apply as an individual or on behalf of an organisation or institution
- Anyone can apply but you must be able to clearly demonstrate how you’ll be able to reach those who don’t regularly read
- You must choose books from our World Book Night list and state on the application form how you intend to give your books away including where and to whom
- Any applications to give books to regular readers will be rejected.
- As a volunteer giver you commit to collecting your books from a local bookshop or library (exceptions are made for large institutions such as prisons where we will make direct deliveries) in the week before World Book Night and to giving them to people who don’t read to encourage them to do so on or around April 23
- Application is now open and closes on January 23.
- You can also register as a Community book giver
You can follow the link to the website for more information about how you can help with WBN or even become a Giver. Applications close TOMORROW at MIDNIGHT so get there fast!
World Book Night Website