Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Literary Dinner Party

It's coming up to the end of the month so I thought i'd do a tag. This one comes from Priscilla at The Readables on YouTube and I thought it was pretty fun!

THE RULES: you must invite 11 guests, and there must be

1. One character who can cook/likes to cook

Molly Weasley from the Harry Potter series. She'd make a proper homely meal and keep us all entertained whilst making everyone feel safe and right at home!

2. One character who has money to fund the party

Lord Henry Wotton from Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray. The party might just end with a wild and corrupt guest list but it'd be fun all the same. (My second choice for this was Gatsby, if anyone was wondering!)

3. One character who might cause a scene

Macbeth! We all know how he fares at special banquets, so there's a good chance he'd cause a scene here too.

4. One character who is funny/amusing

Myrnin from Rachel Caine's Morganville series. He never fails to amuse me, especially because it's usually unknown even to him that he's being funny. Plus i'd love to get a look at his Vampire Bunny Slippers!

5. One character who is super social/popular


Emma Woodhouse from Jane Austen's Emma. She's one of those characters that I want to shake some sense into, but at the same time would love to be her confidante! She knows how to party.

6. One villian

Darken Rahl from Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule. I'm cheating a little bit with this as i'm still currently reading it and he hasn't actually appeared yet, but I think that's why I chose him. There has only been talk of him - and that is terrifying enough.

7. One couple - doesn't have to be romantic

I definitely choose Ari & Janco from Maria V Snyder's Study trilogy. They could easily have fit under a few of these roles but i've put them under 'couple' because I just can't imagine them not being together. They are so adorable and genuinely make me laugh. Excellent characters.

8. One hero/heroine


For this one I choose Augustus Waters from John Green's The Fault in our Stars. I can't give a great explanation for this without spoilers (go and read it!) but he is fantastic, loyal, loving and selfless. He is a wonderful hero in my eyes.

9. One under-appreciated character

Primrose Everdeen from Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games. Prim does have a fairly bit role to play, but to me she does it without ever really doing anything. It's hard to explain (and quite simply, i'm still rather angry) but she should have been much more significant.

10. One character of your own choosing

Dash from Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. I keep saying over and over how much I love this book but here it is again. I'd love to stay up all night, perusing dictionaries and discussing language with language. We'd be archaic and esoteric and it would be wonderful, beautiful and everything my imagination tells me it would be.

If you choose to do this, please link me in the comments! I'd love to know who would attend your literary dinner party :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...