Pages

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Hello October // Autumn Mornings #1


Hello there Autumn book lovers. It's just me here today for a little bit of a chat as October is well and truly here now. I can't begin to tell you how much I am loving big fluffy jumpers and cosy scarves. Living by the sea is beautiful but it doesn't half bring a big cold breeze in the mornings. There are so many reasons to love October but today I want to talk about one - mornings.

Anybody who knows me is completely aware that I am not a morning person. I work on the backshift at work (meaning late starts and even later finishes) for that very reason! Between my busy work life and even busier home life, it's pretty rare that I get some free time to just relax and enjoy myself. That's where October comes in. There's just something so wonderful and magical to me about chilly breath-seeing mornings (but not quite frost!) that gets me up and out of the house. I'm also really lucky to have friends that indulge me in my October madness :)

Those who have a lot of free time (is there anyone left that does?) probably won't really appreciate this post but it left me with a warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy and I just knew I had to share my day during this month long blogfest.

Last week, I got Brianna up ridiculously early (well, to us anyway) because it was the day I had decided upon to partake in the years first Pumpkin Spiced Latte.



So we went along to Starbucks, which honestly is a bit too far out to actually justify most days. My tiny village can just about understand a coffee shop, never mind get to grips with grande/vent/mochas and so on! We had a little laugh about the fact that we were in a service station having lunch by choice when most people were on their way somewhere super important; we imagined meetings and conferences.

We grabbed our drinks (Caramel Macchiato for Brianna), found a cosy corner and promptly pulled out our books and ignored each other. It was wonderful. That's the beauty of our friendship. After all these years, we find so much comfort in each others presence that ignoring all social etiquette seems perfectly normal to us! It inspired me to share with you some of my Autumn mornings during October and share some photos of my village as the colours of Autumn start coming in. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!



 Please share stories and photos of what you've been up to in so far this month! Get in touch to organise some space :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...