Pages

Thursday 13 October 2016

Hello October // A chat with Dawn



Hi Dawn! Thanks for agreeing to take part in Hello October.

Tell me a little bit about why you love October.

I live in a busy holiday town and in October it's finally starting to quieten down and you can get out and about more easily and in a lot less time. It's the last chance you really get to relax before the Christmas madness takes over. I love watching the trees change colour and feeling the frost in the air. It's lovely when I wake up in the morning and I can sit and watch the squirrels and birds feeding in the garden and the hedgehog coming in to say goodnight before bed, getting ready for hibernation. 




What sort of stuff do you do over the month?

A lot of list making! It's a nice calm time to get things organised and do some planning for the months ahead. I love to redecorate some areas of the house so that it's all fresh and new as the bad weather comes in. I also do a lot of curling up on the sofa with a book - but with a fleecy blanket for extra comfort. 

What kind of food do you enjoy making now it's getting colder?

Though I don't really eat it, I really enjoy making casseroles, curries, hot warming chilli and big roast dinners for my family. 

What books do you plan on reading this month and do you feel like your reading style changes?

I'll be reading the second and third book in the Peculiar Children series and i'm looking forward to starting the Pottermore Presents e-book series. My reading style definitely changes. I usually read true stories (Cathy Glass/Casey Watson etc) but in the autumn/winter months I do tend to pick up more fiction and festively themed books. 

Do you have any special plans for Halloween?
Every year I take my daughter and grandson to a local Spooktacular funfair and fireworks display. We get incredibly cold and wet 90% of the time but that's part of the fun. And of course you just have to have a steaming hot chocolate, a bag of candy floss and light up wands and headgear ;) It's always lovely to spend quality time with my grandson (who is 7) and seeing how excited and imaginative he gets over his costumes - which change every year!




Thanks for taking part!
The links to my Pottermore Presents overviews can be found in the following places:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...